KALAMAZOO VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
KVCC’s $12 million Texas Township Campus Expansion Capital Outlay Project included the relocation and expansion of the Student Success Center and related support services, which provides intentional, personal, one-on-one interaction to help students navigate through the college experience. The facility is approximately 30,000 square feet of new construction and is LEED Silver certified. The project also included 39,000 square feet of renovations for faculty offices and additional science labs and classrooms.
- 77% of construction waste was diverted from landfills (about 500 tons)
- 24.6% of materials installed on the project were made from recycled materials
- 45.8% of materials used were harvested and manufactured within a 500 mile radius of the project site
- 3.43% of materials used on the project were considered rapidly renewable – the source will replenish within 10 years
- 86.81% of wood products used were FSC certified
The project designer was Eckert Wordell Architects.