Miller-Davis Company seeks a qualified individual to join our estimating team to help determine the anticipated cost of labor, materials, equipment, and services for competitive bids and negotiated projects.
- Analyze and comprehend bid documents including plans and specifications to determine the complete scope of work.
- Provide accurate and complete quantity takeoffs.
- Assess labor requirements for self-performed work.
- Solicit, monitor, and evaluate sub-contractor and supplier proposals for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain and update subcontractor/vendor database.
- Produce complete, detailed, and organized estimates using specification division format.
- Develop preliminary project schedule for estimate and analysis of general requirements.
- Process bid information sheets, bid forms, and bid bond requests.
- Communicate effectively with sub-contractors and suppliers regarding scope and general project requirements.
- Prepare late change spreadsheet for use on bid day.
- Perform bid day duties including late change spreadsheet data entry, subcontractor and supplier proposal analysis, subcontractor and supplier contacts, preparation and final pricing of bid alternates, bid delivery, and posting of late changes to the estimate.
- Communicate with Project Managers regarding project-specific issues, post-bid interview items, and transitioning projects from estimating to project management.
- Represent Miller-Davis Company at pre-bid conferences.
- Assist in the preparation of a Labor Cost Code Report for the Project Executive, Project Manager, and Accounting.
- Maintain estimate files, material cost data, labor production rates, and wage rate information.
- Support other departments in estimating-related matters and services.
- Budgeting duties at the various stages of design development including establishing an overall project budget, preliminary scheduling, and associated value engineering.
- Effectively communicate with Owners, Architects, and Engineers relative to estimating and budgeting affairs.
- Participate in sales presentations as required.
- Perform any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the Company.
Education requirements, certifications, work experience
- Problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- College Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction, or related experience.
- Prior construction experience including at least five years of project management, construction supervision, or estimating.
- Excellent PC skills including proficient use of MC2, PT BidFax, Excel, Project, and Word software as required for this position.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Must treat sensitive information confidentially.
- Knowledge of construction materials, techniques, and sequencing.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to work accurately and quickly under pressure to meet deadlines.