The Nazareth Center Renovation was a 64,200 square foot improvement of a three-story 1890's convent building for the Congregation of St. Joseph, the last of three phases that included a previously completed dining room renovation and remodeling of the lower level area into a conference center. The final phase focused on remodeling office areas, guest rooms, and resident rooms.
The building was also updated for energy efficiency, accessibility, code, and maintenance issues including a new fire suppression system and complete window replacement. The existing steam radiant heating system was replaced with a hot water/chilled water fan coil system with an energy recovery feature.
Completed in 2004 at a construction cost of approximately $8,000,000, Miller-Davis Company served as Construction Manager/Constructor and also self-performed all General Trades work. Design services were provided by Eckert Wordell Architects and Byce Engineers.