Join Our Team
Miller-Davis Company, General Contractors/Construction Managers, seeks a qualified individual to determine the anticipated cost of labor, materials, equipment and services for competitive bid and negotiated projects, with responsibility for:
- Analyzing and comprehending plans and specifications.
- Providing accurate and complete quantity takeoffs.
- Assessing labor requirements for self-performed work.
- Soliciting, monitoring and evaluating sub-contractor and supplier proposals.
- Producing complete, detailed and organized estimates.
- Prepare competitive bids and budgets.
- Processing bid forms and bid bond requests.
- Communicating effectively with sub-contractors and suppliers regarding scope and general project requirements.
- Communicating with Project Engineers and Project Managers regarding project-specific issues and post-bid interview items.
- Representing Miller-Davis Company at pre-bid conferences.
- College Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction, or related curricula.
- Prior construction experience including at least five years in estimating, project management or construction supervision.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically with On-Screen Takeoff, DProfiler, MC2, PT BidFax, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint).
Founded in 1909, Miller-Davis Company provides general contracting, construction management, design/build and construction consulting services in Michigan and Indiana. The company is headquartered in Kalamazoo, Michigan and has an office in South Bend, Indiana. Visit us at miller-davis.com, Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Miller-Davis Company fully and actively supports Equal Employment Opportunity. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status or veteran status.
To apply, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.